It’s been some time since I’ve posted in my blog but I’ve gotten a lot of questions about when is the best time to workout. Ideally, research has shown that training in the evening is more optimal for results however, most people like myself don’t have time to workout after working 8-10 hours a day.
When it comes to getting great long-term results, CONSISTENCY is the most important variable. You can have the best training regimen, workout for 1.5 hours a day, but if you can’t stick to it then you won’t achieve the results you are striving for.
Training early in the morning can help with staying consistent.
Benefits working out in the AM include:
- The heart will gradually adjust to increased activity, thus increasing blood flow
- Allows the heart to send the proper amount of oxygen and nutrients to the body’s cells
- Prepares the nervous system for the rest of the day
- promotes endorphins in the brain, which can elevate an individual’s mood and help them start their day off on a positive note
- Lastly, significantly increases an individual’s mental capacity and exercising early in the morning is linked to increased brainpower.
Plus, early in the AM you are less likely to be distracted by your environment. So if you constantly have to skip your training session because of things coming up during the day, get your training out of the way before the day starts (MAX OUT).
Thus, find what suits you and your lifestyle best. Whether it’s training early or in the evening, as long as you go out and exercise on a consistent basis, progress will be made.
Make Today Count.